Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hello polka dots - Avery Elle project

Hi!
I'm here today to share a project I made for Avery Elle featuring one of the sets from the latest release, Woodrain & More. I know, there's no woodgrain on my card, that's because I used the "More" ;P
Take a look at it, it's a great one!


I love background stamps that come in stripes of patterns, of course you need to be more careful when stamping them but they're more versatile and let you create very fun effects!


I started creating a background with Distress inks, blending pinks and oranges. Then I stamped the background with white ink from Avery Elle leaving an empty space for my sentiment and twine.
And then I used white embossing powder for the leaves so they pop up against the polka dotted background. I hope you like it!

Thank you so much for sopping by! Hugs!!

Supply list:
- Avery Elle stamps: Woodgrain & More, Petals & Stems
- Avery Elle dies: Hello
- Avery Elle ink: Pure White
- Lawn Fawn twine: Pink Lemonade
- Mama Elephant die: Femme Frames
- Distress inks
- Versamark ink & white embossing powder

3 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Love the addition of the white leaves, so pretty!

Samantha Mann said...

wow - absolutly stunning! LOVE the warm distress background you created! and the circles you added over top really are an incredible touch! not to mention the twine, or embossed leavess, or EVERYTHING! ha! gorgeous!

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh this is so pretty My friend!!! I love the leaves.. such a pretty contrast!
Hugs,
Jo
xox