Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Twinkling lights card - Lawn Fawn & Chibitronics colab week {+ video!}

Hello!

This week, Lawn Fawn and Chibitronics are joining forces to bring lots of inspiration! Of course, I didn't want to miss this because I'm truly in love with these two companies :)

So I took the Elphie Selfie stamp set from the past release and made this card. And, because I used the Effect Stickers to make the lights twinkle, I wanted to share with you how to do this, so I make a video!



I'm using here the new Push Here stamp that are just perfect for interactive cards! I colored the background with Lawn Fawn inks, the Moon with Distress inks and the cute critters and balloon with Copic markers.


When you push the button the card lights up and the lights twinkle, it's super pretty in person! <3
This is not the most basic circuit but I've ttried to explain it in my video and I show it clearly enough so you can just reproduce it if you are not interested in circuits and all that :)


I know there are people out there that don't give a try to Chibitronics because they think they're too complicated and, if you're one of them, I want to encourage to change your mind and give them a try, you can start with a simple example to loose your fear and then you'll have a lot of fun and your recipients will be amazed with your cards with lights! (And no, Chibitronics don't pay me anything to promote them, lol, this is just what I think).

You don't whant to miss the Lawn Fawn and Chibitronics blogs, they have amazing inspiration for you and there are some giveaways going on! ;)

Supply list:

11 comments:

Cynthia Cole said...

Such an adorable light up card!

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!! Absolutely cute!!! Beautiful card!!!

cghundley said...

Oh too sweet and
love the whole
scene! The lights
add so much to
this charming
card.
Carla from Utah

Karen Gerek said...

First, your card is so, so sweet. Whoever receives it is going to be very lucky. Secondly, I've watched many videos where the person as made a distressed background but I've NEVER seen anyone do it like you did with watercoloring the ink on. What an ingenious idea - I like that it is more controlled as to where the color is going and the intensity of each color. I'm DEFINITELY going to be giving your technique a try.

Unknown said...

This is so cute! And I love the twinkling effect! And I love the new lawn fawn release! So much love to go around! Thanks for the encouragement! I've been putting off trying Chibitronics out but you ladies have inspired me this week!

Beatriz said...

Qué tarjeta tan bonita!! Mola mucho cómo explicas en el vídeo cómo hacer el circuito. Tengo ganas de hacerme con un kit de Chibitronics para probarlo!! :)

Tami B said...

Who wouldn't just love to get this card?! It is adorable!

Cindy H said...

Super sweet card. Thanks for the awesome video.

Dee Earnshaw said...

Love this fun card:)

Deborah Kaye said...

What a lovely card! I really like your process video and how you drew out your current paths for the lights. Thank you!

S Cool said...

What a beautiful card!