Monday, September 10, 2018

Elegant Christmas tags with Avery Elle

Hi there!

Today I'm featuring the Snow Tags stamps and coordinating die at the Avery Elle blog. 
As soon as I saw these snowflake stamps I knew I was going to create something with vellum involved. 

Finally, I decided to make a pair of Christmas tags. I started by stamping and heat embosing the snowflakes on vellum, using white embossing powder. 
Then I used the coordinating die to cut them and another two dies out of watercolor paper. I took my AE liquid watercolors and randomly colored the snowflake bases.


While the bases were drying, I cut two banners out of white cardstock and stamped the sentiments from the Snowflakes stamp set.
The final step was mounting all together. I used my Crop a Dile to place an eyelet on the tags, then I adhered the banners on top, added some golden sequins as a finishing touch and last, tied some golden string.


I hope you like what I made for today, maybe these tags inspire you a bit to create your own Christmas tags, it's a fun process and they're really pretty in real life!

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!

Supply list:

Avery Elle store


Ellen Hutson store

2 comments:

Shuly said...

running through your blog i feel like alice in wonderland. even a little dizzy ! i love the delicate creations you make. they're always sweet and inspiring. thank you for sharing and for being so supportive too cause i was truely touched with your kind messages when i emailed you about the fox shadow box. i finally posted it on my blog, added a leaf animation and Bach suite 1 and it fills me up with bliss anytime i play my little video.
you must be very busy, you don't have to watch my post but i thought it fair to let you know i had finally posted it. thank you again, from the bottom of my heart
https://shulycartes.blogspot.com/

Tracey McNeely said...

These are awesome Yainea!