Monday, August 19, 2013

Lawnscaping challenge #64: Distressing

Hi and happy Monday!
I'm back from a little and wonderful vacation with my boyfriend and I'm already missing those beach days... sigh! Good thing a new Lawnscaping challenge is up to bright the day!!


This time is all about distressing, you can use distressing techniques, tools or products. I went with my distress inks for a fun and colorful card. I hope it brings a smile to your face this Monday!


I used distress inks on the background and planet, using water to create the craters. The aliens are colored with Copics and I used the colorless Copic on them to add more texture :)

Go and visit Lawnscaping blog for more inspiration, I hope you join the fun this time, you could win a Lawn Fawn stamp set from our sponsor, Lawn Fawn


Thanks for stopping by today!! Have a nice day :)

Supply list:
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Lucky Stars, Jessie's ABCs, Critters in the Sea
- American Crafts stamps: Hey There from Amy Tangerine
- Vellum
- Memento inks: Tuxedo Black
- Versafine ink: Deep Lagoon
- Colorbox pigment ink: Frost White
- Distress inks
- Copics
- White gel pen
- Stickles: Tropical Tangerine, Crystal
- Googly eyes

9 comments:

Allison P said...

Such a fun design! Love the colors you used!

Samantha Mann said...

eeeeek!!!!!! you literally AMAZE me every card!! wow!! this idea (to the earth and back!) is BRILLIANT!!! and the flawless distress ink coloring is...jaw dropping!! wow oh wow!! this is a work of art!! awesome awesome awesome!! wow!!

Kari said...

You always have me anticipating what you are going to come up with!! I just adore your creativity, Yainea! Miss you my friend - hope you had a nice vacation!

Unknown said...

Hehe, so cute, Yainea!! This definitely brought a smile to my face! I always look forward to your cards and this one definitely doesn't disappoint!!

Sabine said...

Adorable! Everything about this card is awesome!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! What a great scene. I just love the way you used the vellum :)


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Tami B. said...

Your cards are always so cute & so clever.

Maia Ink by Anya Lynet said...

Not enough words to express how much I LOVE this card!!! :)

Teresa Zuehls said...

So cute and fun. TFS