Sunday, May 17, 2015

Top Dog Dies guest designer

Hola!!

Sorry for being disapeared lately. I had some personal issues and I had to put my crafty projects aside for a while. I hope you are all right and enjoying your weekend! :)

This post is a bit late but I'm still super excited of having the chance to play with this goodies and try the products from Top Dog Dies. A few weeks ago I was asked to be a guest designer for Top Dog Dies and I can finally share my projects with you!

They were very generous and sent me three die sets from their new release to play with. The entire release is amazing and I love my new dies! They cut perfectly and they're super cute :)

So, for my first project I used the new Dinosaur trio dies and I created a little birthday scene from the past (yeah, they had birthday hats in the past, hadn't they? haha)
I die cut color cardstock for the dinos and added a bit of detail just coloring some parts with a darker Copic.

Dinosaurs

I created the background sponging the base with inks and die cut a mask of post-it for the clouds. I love that die, I used it for the coulds and stones hehe!

Then I stamped the sentiment that is from Lawn Fawn Birthday Tags. And finally,  I added two triangles of patterned papers with a glued mini pompom as their hats, and, of course, googly eyes!

Dinosaurs - detail

My second project uses the Coffee dies set, I love this cute set so much!! I know I'm going to use this a lot for personal stuff and, as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make a tag :)

I cut the tag from patterned paper and heat embossed "enjoy" from Let's Play Lawn Fawn stamps. Then I adhered the coffee vase and tied some rusting twine to the tag. I love using mini clothespines to attach my tags to their packages, they are too cute!

Coffee

I added a hidden mesagge to my tag by cutting the vase twice and scoring the top of the second piece (the one non-decorated) so it can be opened easier. Then I stamped the sentiment before glueing the two parts just on the top. The sentiment is from Love you a Latte Lawn Fawn stamps, all the sentiments in this set go great with the coffee die! <3

Coffee closed

Coffee - detail

My third and final project is another card that I made using the Banners #1 die set and scraps. I love when I can use my scraps because I don't like to throw away even small pieces of my pretty patterned paper :)

Banners

For this card I used those stripes printed on the bottom of 12x12 patterned paper pages or even on the top of some 6x6 patterned paper stacks. The banners dies are just the perfect size!
I die cut some banners, hand stitched one of them and added embellishments from my stash and a simple and colorful card is done :)

Banners - detail

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my projects and be inspired to use these amazing dies. Thank you so much to the people of Top Dog Dies for being so nice and giving me the chance to have a fun time playing with their products!!

Supply list:

Dinosaurs card
- Top Dog dies: Dinosaur trio
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Birthday Tags
- Distress inks
- Lawn Fawn ink
- Studio Calico patterned paper
- Mini pompoms
- Googly eyes

Coffee tag
- Top Dog dies: Coffee
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Let's Play, Love you a Latte
- Patterned papers: scraps from different collections (feel free to ask me if you need to check one them)
- Lawn Fawn ink
- Versamark ink
- White embossing powder
- May Arts rustic twine
- Clothespin

Banners card
- Top Dog dies: Banners #1
- Patterned papers: scraps from different collections (feel free to ask me if you need to check one them)
- Lawn Fawn wood veneer stars
- Enamel dots
- Sequins


2 comments:

Elise C. said...

Adorable projects, Yainea! The dinosaurs are so cute with the added detail and party hats, and I really like your banner card! That's a great way to use scrap paper! I hope that things are going well with you! :)

Yuki said...

I hope you're well and glad to see you back! Your projects are all amazing! You did a fantastic job showcasing the new Top Dog Dies!