Monday, May 30, 2016

Ice Cream card with Avery Elle

Hello and happy Monday!!

It's my day featuring a set at the Avery Elle blog and we're playing with the new release so my card uses the brand new The Scoop set.
I love the dog image on this set and I want to use them on a project, he's too funny and cute! Anyway, for my project I've chosen the big ice-cream images to create a fresh and colorful card with different layers and papers.

Temperatures have warmed up and it starts to feel like Summer here (even when it has been raining a lot haha). Also, I made a lot of scene cards lately so I was in the mood for something different.

You are so sweet

These ice-cream images "ice-creamed" (ha!) for non-line coloring so I tried it. I'm not good at it because it's my second time doing this technique but it's really fun so I hope I can keep practicing and improving :)

You are so sweet - detail

The stripe for the sentiment was colored with Copic markers as well as the ice-creams to match the colors and give an imperfect look to it. I also colored one of the banners with watercolors because ice-creams and watercolors go well together :P

I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful start of the week! 

Supply list:

      
     

1 comment:

byAnnette said...

How do you get the soft look of the ice cream?