Monday, July 9, 2012

Starry Summer night

Hello! :)
Today I want to share the card I've been working on lately. I had this idea long time ago and I didn't find the time to work on it until now. When I saw that the current Lawnscaping challenge theme was dimension I decided that I'd join it with this card :)


I had a lot of fun adding dimension to this card, cuting and poping the different elements at different heights to create a impression of depth in the scene. I hand draw the marshmallow and the stick is a piece of tree from the "Critters Down Under" set. The moon is from "Sunny Skies" and there's a how to here. I draw the little stars with a white gel pen.

Here's a closer pic so you can see better the dimension


I hope you like it, I'm happy with the final result. I know it's a bit dark but it reminds me the awesome warm and starry Summer nights and fills my heart with peace and happiness :)

I missed the lasts Lawnscaping challenges and that makes me sad so I'm very happy to come back! If you have the chance, join the current challenge and take a look at the blog, there are tons of awesome projects to inspire you!


I'm entering into the current YCU! challenge too with this card: Challenge #11: Many layers :)


Supply list:
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Sunny Skies, Happy Summer, Critters in the Snow, Cozy Christmas and Critters Down Under.

- Hero Arts stamps: Lauderdale Trees
- Hero Arts mid-tone ink: Stone Wash

- Memento ink: Tuxedo Black
- Distress inks: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord and Mowed Lawn.
- Copics
- White gel pen

23 comments:

Elise C. said...

This card is so adorable!! I like the marshmallow on the stick! And there is definitely tons of dimension!!

snappy scrappy said...

Love this...so cute! Lee-Ann :)

Jenny said...

Brilliant Card Yainea..... I can feel the warth of that fire!!!
Love the warm glow on the bears fur, your attention to detail is awesome :0)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Es impresionante!!
Me encanta la escena, y cómo has coloreado el oso, se ve perfectamente el reflejo del fuego.
Qué imaginación, podió :)

Elena said...

this is just amazing! you are so creative, and your scene is the cutest thing I've seen in awhile! Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping challenges :)

Christiana said...

Cristina, you've done it again! You've blown me away with one of your AMAZING creations! Love, love, LOVE this card. What a brilliant idea. Just super cute. Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

yeah, I just love this. Soooo awesome!

Chari Moss said...

Brilliant!!!!! And now I want to make smores :)

Kari said...

Yainea! Girl! this is SOO AWESOME! The next comment I make to you I mean as a total compliment - but I am glad you've missed the last challenges - because if you enter into them - I have NO shot - hahaha- You're out of the world good! You NEVER cease to amaze me! I always look forward to seeing what you create!

Melissa Shea said...

Chickadee! You are amazing! So many clever touches!

~ Jo ~ said...

Wow this card is just beautiful! Brilliant Yainea!!

Hugs,
Jo

Joe Shien Shien said...

no doubt..! I love your card. Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Yaines, this is just so awesome! My favorite entry. Love how you layered the trees. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

Laurel Beard said...

um, yea, this is fantastic! I don't even know what to say about this! Just wow!!!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

This turned out so beautiful and vibrant! I LOVE it! :)

Barb Ghig said...

What an amazing combination of stamp sets!!! Absolutely adorable card!

Kanan Pandya said...

This is really Awesome....you always use different stamps together and create somthing different. I LOVE YOUR CREATIONS!!! :-)

jenn shurkus said...

this is such a STUNNING card!! i love all the dimension you created just with the trees. dark blue is a hard color to work with, but you did a fabulous job!! thank you for playing a long with lawnscaping!!

Marie said...

This is just amazing! I love the trees you created and wll the dimension and placing of your critters =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

Michelle Lupton said...

Very, very cool!! well done on your "Queen of Green" nod at Lawnscaping! :)

Kari said...

YAY!!! Yainea!! See - told you girl!! You had this one wrapped up! So happy for you!!

Robin K. said...

Congrats on being named "Queen of the Green"! Your scene is amazing!

Cris said...

Seriously, YOU are the BEST! What an amazing card! All that dimension and the colors you used create the perfect scene! Stunning!!!!!