Monday, September 3, 2012

Guest designing with Lawnscaping - Origami sailboat

Hi there, friends!
I LOVE Lawnscaping challenges and all the sweet people of that little community so I'm more than happy to join the two challenges of September as a guest designer! :)

This time the challenge is about making a card following this sketch. Sketches are great and very useful but for some reason I'm not good with them so this was very challenging for me. I love when challenges are bit hard! I was making some drawings and writting some different ideas before I found out what to do and it was so fun!


Finally, I decided to make an anniversay card, simple and very symbolic, and as I don't have a boat stamp, I came out with the idea of making an origami saliboat and add it to my card. I tried to make something very simple but with some dimension and texture, I hope you like it!


This is a closer pic, I added some glossy accents to de little heart for some shine. The sea is colored with distress ink sprayed with water.


Please visit the Lawnscaping Challenges blog to the the other inspiration samples by the DT members and join the fun and enter a card to this challenge, I love seeing all the inspirational cards and other projects in the Lawnscaping blog!


We have an amazing sponsor for this challenge, Simon Says Stamp! They have offered a yummy $25 gift certificate to their online store to the lucky winner!


Thanks for stopping by! :)

Supply list:
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Happy everything and Critters in the Sea
- Echo Park papers: Dots and Stripes 6x6 paper pad
- May Arts cord
- Glossy Accents
- Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Salty Ocean
- Memento inks: Tuxedo black
- Versamark ink and white embossing powder

7 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute...love the boat! Lee-Ann :)

Kari said...

I'm so tickled you are guest designer this month!! You're card is amazing!! I am glad to know that I am not the only one that has a difficult time with sketches!! I do too girl. I hope to make something great with the sketch!!

Brandi said...

I had to pop over and tell you how awesome this card is. Very creative! Love your blog too.

MS said...

So cute! I think you have a hard time with sketches because you're TOO creative and the sketch puts you in a box! I'm the opposite :) Love the background and that little heart anchor!

Barb King said...

What a clever card, I love the origami boat, and the water came out great!

Stephanie said...

This is so awesome! I love the "water" you created and that sailboat is adorable! Love it!

NatQuebec said...

very cute card, I love it !