Monday, August 5, 2013

Lawnscaping challenge #63: One Layer

Hi everyone!
First Monday of the month so new Lawnscaping challenge!! Ok, I know you read the title of the post, one layer card, and I know most of people don't like making one layer cards BUT it's a challenge, right? Let's have fun, it isn't so hard, really! ;)


Here's the card I made, I wanted to create a little scene and I decided to use one of the new critters from Into the Woods (available late August) and a matching custom sentiment using Riley's ABCs.



The DT girls have some amazing samples of one layers cards for you to inspire and I took some photos while making my card so you can see that you can achieve whatever you want for your one layer card just thinking ahead and going step by step.


Always start stamping what you want to be on the top of your scene, in my case, the cute skunk. Then, mask it and stamp the next thing nearer and so on. It's all about this, masking and stamping.
For the background I cut a stripe of grass and used both the die cut and the negative cut, the first one when coloring the sky with Distress inks, the negative, masking the sky to color the grass.

The last part was coloring the skunk with Copics, stamping the clouds, sentiment and hearts and drawing a stitching border with a pink marker. I hope you feel inspired by my little tutorial and play with us this time, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Our sponsor for this challenge is Simon Says Stamp and they already have the new Lawn Fawn sets for pre-order *wink*


Supply list:
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Into the Woods (available late August), Riley's ABCs
- Memento ink: Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa
- Memento marker: Rose Bud
- Colorbox ink: Frost White, Pink
- Distress ink: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn
- Lawn Cuts: Circle Stackables
- My Favorite Things die: Fresh cut grass

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is so stinkin' cute! Great tutorial, Yainea!

Kari said...

Amazing as always!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Your card is so stinkin cute!

I love OLCs. But I dont think I can compare myself to you. I'm very mediocre.

Thanks to you, I am going to try something more compplicated this time around :) Love the way you've added so much details in a OLC.

Yainea said...

Thank you so much, girls!! <3

craftvithme please, don't say you're mediocre, I've seen your cute creations!! As you can see I'm just using little tricks and it's all about simplyfing things ;)

Allison P said...

This is such a sweet card! Thanks for the tutorial!

Charlene B. said...

Yainea, this is gorgeous all the way!

Samantha Casey said...

This is a adorable! I love this scene so much! Amazing job!

-Samantha

Jenny said...

Perfectly adorable in everyway :0)
Love this new stamp set.
Jenny x

Kanan Pandya said...

Hi, Yainea. Thank you so much for the inspiration, love this super adorable card. :-)