Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Scripty Thanks - Lawn Fawn May Inspiration Week

Hi!
This is the last day of Lawn Fawn May Inspiration week and tomorrow is the big day when everything will be available to purchase, also you will see the complete release with the stuff that we're going to feature on June.

But for today, the star of the show is a die, Scripty Thanks, it's from the same series as the Scripty Hello die and I love that font!

For my first card I combined it with some more stuff from the new release: Life is Good stamp set and Stitched Party Banners.
I created the background stamping the waves, then coloring the stripes with watercolors and a plain brush and finally I added some distress inks to the edges.


I made a second card just for fun and because I wanted to try heat embossing the die cut, I did it two times to achieve more dimension and it's really cool!! The background and heart are colored with watercolors and die cut with dies from Stitched Party Banners.


Don't forget to visit Lawn Fawn blog for more inspiration, a video and a giveaway!

Hope you enjoyed all these week's projects! I really had so much fun making them :) Have a great day!!

Supply list:

Nautical thanks card
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Life is Good, Bannerific
- Lawn Fawn dies: Scripty Thanks, Stitched Party Banners, Life is Good, Bannerific
- Memento ink: Tuxedo Black, Bahama Blue
- Copic markers
- Distress ink: Tumbled Glass
- Watercolors
- Cork
- May Arts ribbon
- Crop A Dile

Golden thanks card
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Woodgrain Backdrops
- Lawn Fawn dies: Scripty Thanks, Stitched Party Banners
- Lawn Fawn sequins
- Memento ink: Tofee Crunch
- Watercolors
- Washi tape
- Heidi Swap Color shine: Mint
- Versamark ink
- Gold embossing powder

10 comments:

DoofyJEss2 said...

LOVE your nautical thanks card!! Absolutely amazing. Great "sailor's knots" on the ribbon and the lighthouse is a really great focal point of the card!

Heidi C. said...

Wow! These cards are beautiful and the embossed hello turned out fantastic! I love them both, Thanks

Unknown said...

Very cool! I love lighthouses (I live near the Atlantic Ocean) and the way you made the background is quite impactful! I also love the embossed die cut--great idea!

Carol said...

Just love both of your cards, Yainea! The heat embossed Scripty Thanks turned out so well - amazing.

Kathy JH said...

Great cards! Love lighthouses so I really like that first card - the cork background is great!

cghundley said...

How lovely your
two cards are.
Love the water
background in
the first and
the embossing
on the second.
Carla from Utah

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Fun cards and so cute. Nice Work

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Fun cards and so cute. Nice Work

~ Jo ~ said...

Gorgeous cards!!! I love that script die ... so elegant looking!

Hugs,
Jo
xox

Jenna ♥ said...

Excellent cards Yainea!!! I love the nautical theme, lighthouses and sea. Unfortunately, I don't live near the sea. :-) The cork background is great idea!!! Have a nice day.