Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Meadow & Simple Stitched Hillside Borders - LF April inspiration week

Hi!

Today we're playing with Meadow Borders and Simple Stitched Hillside Borders dies at the Lawn Fawn blog, continuing with inspiration week!


These dies are perfect for creating scenes and adding a special touch to your cards.

I combined both in my card becauase I wanted a scene with deepnes and dimension. I also used Joy to the Woods. Except from the Christmas ornaments it's a perfect stamp set for building scenes all year round (and I really love it!)

Mother's day

I colored the images with Copic markers and the background with Distress inks and I mounted the birch trees hiding the trunksin different layers to achieve that dimension. Of couse, foam adhesive helps a lot haha! :)

Mother's day - detail

Awww I love that mama owl hugging her baby!! The little one seems a little bit overwhelmed and comfortable at the same time, it's so sweet!
The sentiment is from Celebration Scripty Sayings, I had to lengthen the right end drawing it with a black marker so I was able to place the sentiment in the middle. You can barely see it and it's super easy to do :)

For more inspiration and a giveaway, visit the Lawn Fawn blog!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great Tuesday!!

Supply list:
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Joy to the Woods. Mom + Me, Celebration Scripty Sayings
- Lawn Fawn dies: Meadow Borders, Simple Stitched Hillside Borders, Joy to the Woods. Mom + Me
- lawn Fawn ink: Lobster
- Memento ink: Tuxedo Black
- Diestress inks
- Copic markers

2 comments:

cghundley said...

Love love love
this cute card
and the owls
are adorable!
Carla from Utah

Jayne said...

I love the designs you've created for Lawn Fawn during their Inspiration Week, especially using the Fly Free and You've Got Mail set. It's perfect to make cards for those we love who live far away. Happy week and thank you for sharing.