Thursday, June 26, 2014

Critters in the 'Burbs - Lawn Fawn Inspiration week

Hi!
It's last day of June Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week and today we're featuring all the new coordinating dies from old sets: Critters in the 'Burbs, Critters Down Under, Critters on the Farm and Plus One.

For my card I'm using Critters in the 'burbs, there are lots of cards using this set out there but I never get tired of it, it's a favorite and a must have! Don't you think?

When I saw these sweet cards from Humblechan, I knew I wanted to use that sentiment in the same way, I mean, what a super sweet card to receive when you adopt a new friend, right? Also, I always loved her cards, she's one of my favorites and I know her love for animals just sums to it :)

Happy adoption

I wanted to keep the card simple, the background is colored with watercolors, I wanted it very soft, and then, yep!! No Copics on this one!!

After two months of waiting I finally have my box of Prismacolor pencils!! Yaaaay!! I was thinking a lot about purchasing them or not, they're not cheap! And since I was a child pencil coloring has been my least favorite, lol! But Copics are expensive too, and some of my Copics needed a refill so... I saved some money and I placed an order ;)

My impressions? I LOVE them!! I used them alone and with a Gamsol kit (this card is made with the kit) and they're easily blendable, the colors are really pretty and you don't need three tones to achieve a good blending, most times just one pencil looks great :) I'm still a newbie but I've been playing, I had a lot of fun and I'm really happy with the results! So you're definitely seeing me coloring with these new babies a lot!

Don't forget to visit the Lawn Fawn blog for more inspiration and a video and comment there on all the Inspiration Week posts to enter the giveaways! Good luck!

Supply list:
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Critters in the 'Burbs, Hello Baby, Critters at the Dog Park
- Lawn Fawn dies: Critters in the 'Burbs, Stitched Journaling Card
- Lawn Fawn papers: Hello Sunshine
- Watercolors
- Prismacolor pencils
- Memento ink: Tuxedo Black
- Natural twine from Timeless Twine

6 comments:

Corilyn Noreen said...

I love the scene you created on this card!

TracyM #6773 said...

SUPER CUTE card!!!
WOW - your colouring is delightful with your new pencils - CONGRATULATIONS on your purchase and thank you for the feedback too, I've been thinking about getting them and was still undecided :)

Kelly said...

this is darling. love the sentiment and the background is AMAZING!

Celeste Goff said...

This card is just too adorable!

Kathy JH said...

Love this card- and the sentiment! Also really like using pencils and gamsol

Beth H. said...

Love this card and this stamp/die set! I use it quite often. Thank you for another inspirational card!