Hi! This is my second post for today (double post two times in a week?! seriously?? lol!) If you want to see my Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week project featuring Home Sweet Home, just scroll down or click HERE.
Lawn Fawn is sponsoring it so I'm joining the fun of 10 minute Craft Dash!! If you don't know about this challenge, visit the blog and read how it works and its rules. Basically, you must finish your card in less than 10 minutes. I'm a SLOW cardmaker so I was afraid of not finishing my card and I didn't join it... until now! And I did it!! I can't believe it, haha :)
For this time, you have to finish your card in less than 10 minutes and use the color combo in the banners. This is my card, for some reason, the ribbon looks very greyish in the pic, but it's green!! The card is pretty simple but with 10 minutes I couldn't think of anything more complicated lol! And I finished it in 08:33:68 to be exact :P
It was super fun and I'm going to join this challenge more often in the future. If you, like me, are afraid because of the time, I have a few tips for you and I know I couldn't do it without them!
- Plan and sketch your card before starting
- Collect all your materials and prepare them on your table, all of them ready to use. For example, your clear stamps ready on your acrylic blocks
- Don't clean anything during the process, do it after your card is finished
- Just before starting, think about the steps you're going to follow, so you won't block when the time is running!
- And finally, think about things that could speed up your process. For example, I placed both dies on my Big Shot at the same time, a little thing that saved me a bit of time :)
Here's a screenshot of my chronometer when I finished my card (Yes I'm super proud hahaha)
- Lawn Fawn stamps: Love 'n Breakfast, So Much to Say
- Amy Tangerine 6x6 paper pad: Yes, please!
- Papertrey Ink oval dies
- Stampin'Up ribbon
- Memento ink: Tuxedo Black